PURPOSE OF JOB
To act as a mechanical engineering specialist on days to perform preventative maintenance and inspection work to professional standards as required to meet quality control and performance standards. Also to provide expertise and resource to identify and quickly rectify mechanical faults to ensure continuity of manufacturing to specified quality standards.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
1.1 Within the job holder’s area of accountability and responsibility to:
• Ensure all activity is undertaken in compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Ensure compliance with the company’s and legislative requirements.
• Underpin manufacturing performance and support manufacturing Improvement and works development plans.
• Identify improvement opportunities through collaborative working with relevant groups.
• To ensure that changes to plant, process procedures and organisation are appropriately risk accessed in line with the works management of change process
• To be responsible for the COMAH related activities for the position of Mechanical Day Craft Maintenance as detailed in the Trostre Works Management System.
• Provide engineering expertise & advise in order to diagnose and correct complex faults in the manufacturing process equipment.
• Ensure that Mechanical maintenance work undertaken is completed to time and to appropriate safety and engineering standards.
• Develop expertise and keep up to date in maintenance techniques and equipment development applicable to a heavy manufacturing environment by self-study and attendance on appropriate courses.
• Provide comprehensive reports on breakdowns, repairs and related engineering activities where appropriate recommending improvements to equipment or systems.
• Undertake training as required for new specialists, other engineering grades, and manufacturing teams.
• Supervise Corus or contract personnel and where necessary issue certificates of isolation as part of the safe system of work.
• Where necessary to provide cover for shift specialists.
The jobholder works as part of a team either within a manufacturing, site services, operational support or engineering development team.
Within manufacturing areas, the jobholder provides specialists skills to undertake engineering work beyond the capability of the manufacturing team members.
Within Site Service, Operational support or Development engineering areas, the job holder will provide specialist skills to undertake engineering work to ensure that equipment is maintained to the correct standards.
They will inspect, install, diagnose faults, rectify faults personally or where necessary, arrange and direct resources to do this.
Carry out maintenance to high standards, reporting on and participating in any improvements that can be made.
Where necessary provides cover for shift specialists of the same discipline.CONTACTS
Engineering personnel at other plants
Contractors and consultants
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
It is preferable that the jobholder should be qualified to HNC level, which will normally have been obtained through a craft apprenticeship or hold a Modern Apprenticeship certificate. He/she should have several years’ plant experience in relevant equipment. Must be capable of supervising personnel in the safe execution of engineering repair work.DIMENSIONS
The jobholder has no direct subordinates but will, when necessary, supervise manufacturing team personnel and contractors in carrying out plant repairs. Their actions will impact directly on improving maintenance tasks, minimising delays and ensuring process plant is operating to optimum quality standards.Salary: £26,387 (23,989.00 + 10% shift allowance) To apply please send an up to date copy of you CV to: email address:firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0044-1554- 746-746 ,0044(0)7794-924-864.